protein-packed quinoa is combined with creamy pesto and riced broccoli then topped with a chickpea walnut mash.
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 package of frozen riced broccoli
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional topping: freshly shaved parmesan
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions (I love using vegetable broth as my liquid to cook it in).
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat adding a drizzle of olive oil once the pan is hot. Add riced broccoli to the pan and sauté until tender (about 5-7 minutes, longer if you prefer less crunch).
- Once the quinoa is cooked, combine with sautéed broccoli, sprinkle with salt and pepper then toss with pesto while still warm. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped (note you can skip this step and just add whole or roughly chopped if desired).
- Mix chickpea and walnut mixture into the quinoa and broccoli mixture and toss to combine.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Dish will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge
Keywords: vegetarian, meatless, chickpeas, quinoa, dinner, lunch