these simple bars are great for an on-the-go snack option. budget-friendly and requiring just 2 ingredients – you’ll want to make them again and again!
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dates*
- Process the peanuts in the food processor until they look like coarse crumbs.
- Remove the peanuts from the food processor and place in a separate bowl.
- If soaking the dates in warm water, remove from the water and add to the food processor.
- Pulse until well broken up and no large chunks remain.
- Add the peanuts back to the food processor and process until well combined.
- Roll into one big ball and wrap in plastic wrap then press into an even square with your hands (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Open up plastic wrap, slice into 4 bars then wrap individually in plastic wrap for later use.
*My Cook’s Illustrated cookbook recommends soaking the dates in hot water (this is what I did for about 5 minutes) in order to help with their stickiness. You can also grease your food processor blade with canola oil to help with this.
** You can also choose to roll into small balls rather than bars!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
Keywords: snack, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, quick, easy, grab and go