These 3-ingredient fruit bars blend coconut, chocolate and almond for an easy and delicious summer treat everyone is sure to love!
- 4 WholeFruit coconut fruit bars
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole almonds, crushed (I ran mine through the food processor, pulsing until a fine crumb has formed)
- Remove wrappers from coconut fruit bars and place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer.
- Place a non-stick saucepan over low heat on the stove and add the bag of dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate will also work!). Stir continuously until chocolate begins to melt. Once there are just a few chunks remaining, remove from the heat and stir vigorously off the stove until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Remove coconut fruit bars from the freezer and with a large spoon, immediately pour chocolate over the top of each of the bars then dip into crushed almonds
- Place fruit bar back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining fruit bars. Put back in the freezer and allow to freeze until the chocolate has hardened (~1 hour).
- Once chocolate is hardened, you can wrap individual bars in a small piece of parchment and place in a freezer safe bag or container to store.
Keywords: fruit bar, dessert, chocolate, coconut, almond