these easy 6-ingredient whole grain waffles are quick and delicious. no waffle iron? these can easily be made into pancakes instead!
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (AP works too!)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- Optional add-ins: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch of salt
- Preheat waffle iron
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients together into a bowl and whisk to combine
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, combine milk, egg & oil, whisking to combine
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients folding with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Add 1/3 cup batter to each waffle iron section and cook
- To make into pancakes, increase milk until the batter is thin enough to spread (about 2/3 – 3/4 cup more)
Keywords: waffles, whole grain, quick, easy, brunch