this apple cider glazed chicken comes together in 30 minutes or less and is bursting with fall flavor. it’s the perfect way to use up fall produce while getting dinner on the table in no time!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 2 apples, washed, cored & cubed
- 1 – 2 cups fresh brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, minced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To the sheet, add potatoes, brussel sprouts and apples. Sprinkle with minced sage, salt & pepper. Drizzle with ~1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and brussel sprouts are just crisp.
- While veggies cook, place an ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken and sear, smooth side down, until you can easily flip over (~5 minutes). Flip and continue to cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove the chicken from heat while you make the glaze.
- To the same skillet, add apple cider, honey and mustard. Bring mixture to a rapid simmer and cook until apple cider mixture has reduced slightly. Add butter and whisk to incorporate.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet, smooth side up and cook for another 1-2 minutes in the glaze. Remove from pan, serve with roasted veggies and spoon remaining glaze in the pan over the chicken. Feel free to add bread or a grain as a side as well!
Keywords: chicken, fall, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, apple, dinner, family dinner