these easy candied pecans bring a delicious fall flavor to a classic recipe! perfect for throwing over salads, in soups or just plain snacking on.
- 4 cups unsalted pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugars, spice, and salt. Whisk to combined then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, vanilla, and water. Whisk (I find an electric mixer is easiest) until frothy (you want some hold to the egg whites but you don’t want stiff peaks).
- Add the pecans to the bowl with the egg white mixture and toss until the pecans are coated. Add in the sugar mixture and toss gently until pecans are well coated.
- Place coated pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before digging in!
- Pecans will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Keywords: pecans, candied pecans, snack, apple, apple pie, fall