this salad is full of autumn flavor including pumpkin spice cornbread croutons, pumpkin seeds and juicy pear. it comes together quickly, making it a great mid-day meal for fall!
- 2 large handfuls mixed greens
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2–4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped, pitted dates
- 1–2 tablespoons raisins
- 1–2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice croutons (see notes for recipe)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil & vinegar for dressing (or a store-bought pumpkin vinaigrette!)
- Combine everything together and enjoy!
- For the pumpkin spice cornbread croutons, I simply bought a boxed cornbread mix and made it according to the box directions, but added 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Once it was cooked and cooled, I sliced into cubes, tossed gently with olive oil. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cornbread cubes on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted.
Keywords: salad, pumpkin, lunch, vegetarian