there’s nothing fancy about this easy kale & quinoa salad – it just comes together quickly and is bursting with fall flavors, plant-based proteins, fiber and heart-healthy fats.
- 2 large handfuls ready-to-eat kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 a medium apple, washed, cored & sliced thin (I love Envy, Macintosh or Gala here)
- 1/2 a medium pear, washed, cored & sliced thin (I love Bartlett or D’Anjou)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 1–2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2–3 tablespoons feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil & vinegar, or other dressing of choice
- Combine all ingredients, toss with dressing & enjoy!
Keywords: lunch, salad, kale, autumn, whole grain, gluten-free, vegetarian