creamy baked pumpkin mac and cheese is combined with roasted brussel sprouts for a delicious fall meal the entire family will love!
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in quarters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Brussel Sprouts:
- Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at
- 400 degrees F for 15 minutes
For the Mac & Cheese:
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9×13 baking pan
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. As soon as it begins
- to brown, add the flour and whisk for 1 minute
- Slowly whisk in the milk
- Continue whisking as you add the pumpkin and cheeses. Whisk in nutmeg,
- salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return it to its pot. Add the cheese sauce to the
- pasta and toss to coat.
- Stir in roasted brussels sprouts
- Transfer pasta to prepared pan and top with panko
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is very bubbly and panko is
- lightly browned on top.
Keywords: pumpkin mac and cheese, mac and cheese, pumpkin, dinner, vegetarian