brussel sprouts are roasted in the oven until tender inside and crispy outside then smothered with melty feta cheese, sweet tart dried cranberries and crunchy toasted walnuts for the ultimate thanksgiving side dish!
- 1 lb. bag of fresh brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, more as desired
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss walnuts with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and salt, if desired. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until just toasted (being careful not to burn!). Set aside. (*note that you can do this ahead of time – toasted walnuts will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week).
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with a new piece of parchment paper.
- Toss brussel sprouts well with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until just browned and crispy on the outside), tossing halfway through.
- Remove from oven, add feta cheese and then place back in the oven keeping a careful eye on them so they don’t burn. Cook until feta gets warm & slightly melty (2-3 minutes).
- Toss with toasted walnuts and dried cranberries, then serve.
Keywords: brussel sprouts, side dish, thanksgiving