this simple breakfast museli is prepared the night before for a delicious ready-made meal the next morning!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla greek or skyr yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins (dates, apricots or dried cranberries would also work)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds, divided
- Optional for serving: plain, unsweetened soy or almond milk (or any kind!) as needed to thin consistency
- Optional for topping: granola, fresh fruit (I used black berries, strawberries and sliced apple), honey or maple syrup, sliced almonds
Combine oats, yogurt, spices, raisins (or other dried fruit), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and 1 tablespoon of almonds in an airtight container.
Stir to combine well, then cover & store in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, uncover, add a bit of milk if desired then top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: oatmeal, yogurt, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cinnamon, ginger