this easy baked oatmeal is great to prep on the weekend and eat all week. it’s loaded with carrot cake flavor while also providing whole grains, heart-healthy fats and fiber!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups of plain unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375’F
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish (you can use smaller or larger but cooking times will vary. For a smaller pan, you will have to bake longer to ensure it’s fully cooked in the center).
- Combine oats, raisins, walnuts, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and salt in a medium mixing bowl
- Combine brown sugar, milk, egg and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl
- Add wet to dry mixture, stirring gently to combine. Fold in carrots. Let sit for 2 minutes to allow chia seeds to soak up some of the moisture
- Pour into greased baking dish using a spatula to spread the mixture evenly throughout the dish
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown (because every oven is different, I recommend plunging a knife or cake tester into the center of the dish to test if it’s done, if it comes out clean or just a bit wet, it’s done).
- Allow to cool completely before slicing (see note)
- Top with plain greek or skyr yogurt and a sprinkling of walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup (optional) once cooled then serve
Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 7.8 grams