these cheesy, veggie-loaded egg cups come together quickly and are completely customizable. make them over the weekend and eat them all week long!
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups mixed veggies of choice, roughly chopped (I used a mixture of roasted broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes that I quartered and spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, finely shredded or crumbled (I used shredded cheddar)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 12 cup non-stick muffin pan (I use and love this Wilton one)
- Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and whisk until eggs are beaten and everything is fully combined. Pour from the mixing bowl into a glass measuring cup (or something with a spout for easy pouring). Set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the chopped veggies to each cup followed by about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup (over the veggie and cheese) until each cup is nearly full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Feel free to experiment with fresh herbs or other spices added into or on top for serving
- Egg cups can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- These can be reheated in the microwave for 60 seconds or oven at 400°F for 5 minutes.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast