these easy baked oatmeal cups are great to make over the weekend and have on hand for easy meals all week long!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups soymilk (or any kind you prefer)
- 1 medium apple, washed, cored & cubed (you can peel if desired)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, chia seeds, baking powder, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine egg, vanilla and milk whisking to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold to combine.
- Gently fold in apples, raisins and walnuts if using.
- Carefully scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups (it will be pretty liquidy so make sure you’re getting both liquid and oat/apple/raisin mixture in every cup)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs and sides are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before storing or serving.
- You can store these in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Keywords: oatmeal, apple, raisin, cinnamon, chia seeds, baking powder