these fudgy & delicious one bowl brownies are loaded with cookies and cream flavor thanks to crushed oreos that go directly into the batter & on top!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10–15 oreos, roughly broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grease the lined pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter & sugars, creaming with an electric hand or stand mixer (about 2 minutes). Then add oil and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating each for about 30 seconds before adding the next. Add in vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Place a large sifter over the bowl and to it add flour, cocoa and salt sifting into the wet mixture (note that you can also sift the dry ingredients into a separate mixing bowl, but this saves a dirty dish!).
- Gently fold the batter until JUST combined (it’s ok if you still see some flour pockets).
- Add in 1 cup of the roughly broken oreos (about 10-12) and give the batter a few more folds to incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula, place the batter into the prepared baking sheet and smooth until evenly spread in the pan.
- Top with the remaining roughly broken oreos evenly across the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until batter no longer has a jiggle (if you insert a knife or cake tester, it may still come out coated, but that’s ok. the brownies will continue to cook in the pan once out of the oven).
- Cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: brownies, cookies & cream, flour, sugar, cocoa, oreos