this creamy grapefruit slaw puts a delicious citrusy twist on a favorite backyard bbq dish. perfect to serve over Memorial Day weekend or during any backyard cookout!
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Sunkist® CA Star Ruby grapefruit juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk greek or skyr yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium cabbage head, cored and shredded
- 1 large Sunkist® CA Star Ruby grapefruit, cut into supremes
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine minced shallot and grapefruit juice, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil, greek yogurt, mustard and sugar.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Add cabbage, grapefruit, avocado and dressing. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve with salmon, shrimp, or grilled chicken for a delicious side dish.
Keywords: slaw, grapefruit, cabbage, yogurt, olive oil, dijon, side dish