salmon is baked until tender and flaky then topped with a creamy yogurt pesto. serve over your favorite grain, along with potatoes or over salad for a complete meal!
- 2 4-6 oz. filets salmon
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup siggi’s 4% or 0% plain yogurt
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional for topping: feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle salmon filets, skin-side down, with olive oil then top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until you’ve reached your desired doneness.
- While salmon bakes, combine spinach, basil, garlic, walnuts, parmesan cheese plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper into a food processor and begin to process while slowly drizzling in olive oil until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Add the yogurt to the food processor and process until yogurt is well combined with other ingredients.
- Remove and spread over salmon straight from the oven.
- Top with desired toppings and serve with desired sides.
- Pesto will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week (feel free to add a little lemon juice to prevent any browning). You can also freeze in small jars or ice cube trays (transferring to a freezer safe bag once shape is held) for up to 12 months.
- For the Greek farro salad: Combine 1 cup cooked farro with 1/3-1/2 cup diced cucumber, 1/3 – 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1/4 diced red onion, 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Keywords: dinner, salmon, pesto, quick, easy, seafood