these easy dark chocolate covered apples come together quickly then just need to set in the fridge making for the perfect combo of sweet & salty!
- 1 medium macintosh apple, cored and sliced into wedges (I recommend squeezing a little lemon juice on the wedges to help preserve the apple)
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (I used a food processor and pulsed until small crumbs formed – just be careful not to go too long or you’ll end up with peanut butter!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Over a double boiler (aka a heat-proof dish over a boiling pot of water), melt the dark chocolate chips
- Dip apple wedges into melted chocolate, covering thoroughly then scoop out with a fork and gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl until most of the excess chocolate has fallen off
- Place the chocolate covered apple on the parchment paper and immediately top with crushed peanuts
- Repeat until all wedges have been covered
- Place parchment sheet lined pan in the refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden for several hours
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days
I hand-sprinkled the peanuts over the apple wedges in lieu of dipping the freshly chocolate dipped wedges into the chopped peanut bowl.
Keywords: apples, dark chocolate, fruit, peanuts