sharing my go-to baked sweet potato fry recipe complete with my favorite homemade fry sauce.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Optional seasonings: cajun spice, adobo powder, chili lime seasoning, etc.)
For the Fry Dip:
- 1 cup siggi’s plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sauce from chipotle chilis in adobo (more or less depending on preferred spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
For the Sweet Potato Fries:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sweet potatoes with cornstarch, salt & pepper (and any additional seasonings of your choosing) ensuring all the fries are well coated.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil (about 1-2 teaspoons) to the bowl and toss well, using your hands to rub the oil on the fries, making sure there are no clumps of cornstarch showing.
- Spread the fries on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer then place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until fries begin to brown and crisp.
For the French Fry Dip:
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, whisk to combine and serve with fries.
Keywords: sweet potato, olive oil, cornstarch, pepper, salt, yogurt, chipotle, paprika, pickle juice