this simple fruit & nut granola is delicious over yogurt, with milk or straight out of the bag. match a batch on the weekend and eat it all week!
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup canola oil (vegetable oil or coconut oil would also work)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Move your oven rack to the middle of the oven then preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, coconut, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- In a saucepan, combine oil, maple syrup and honey. Place over low heat and whisk continuously for 2-3 minutes until just warmed.
- Pour wet mixture over the oat mixture and using a rubber spatula (or your hands!), mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, removing and stirring the mixture every 5-7 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto another baking sheet. Mix with dried fruit then press into a tight square and place a paper towel over the top *(see note).
- Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack then break up into pieces and store in an airtight container
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
* You can just transfer the warm granola to a second sheet pan to cool down. You don’t have to press it into a tight square and place the paper towel over the granola, this process just helps create clumps.