this easy dish comes together quickly making it a perfect weeknight dinner. you can also customize it to work for the preferences in your household!
- 1 20-28 ounce package of frozen spinach & cheese ravioli (or any kind you prefer!)
- 1 25.5 ounce jar of your favorite marinara, pasta or tomato sauce
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella (don’t buy the pre-shredded kind, these often have anti-caking ingredients in them which means they don’t melt as well as a block cheese that has been hand shredded by you. It’s a a slight pain but it makes a big difference in the final product!)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional for topping: freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 – 3/4 cup sauce into the prepared baking dish then add about half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce.
- Add another 1/2 – 2/3 cup sauce followed by 1/2 the shredded mozzarella.
- Layer the remaining ravioli on top in a single layer (it’s okay if there is some slight overlap) then finish with the rest of the sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover the entire dish with foil then bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until sauce & cheese are bubbling and the center is hot.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil just before doing so.
- You can use fresh or frozen ravioli & cook al dente prior to assembling. If so, bake for just 10-15 minutes at 350°F (or until the cheese is melted, browned & bubbly). Note that this method does add steps and additional dishes.
Keywords: pasta, casserole, lasagna, vegetarian, weeknight meal, dinner