this easy grain bowl comes together quickly and combines some of my favorite fall flavors! filled with whole grains, fiber, heart healthy fats and protein, it’s the perfect way to celebrate the official start of the season.
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked pearl barley *see note #1
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes *see note #2 for recipe
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced or diced
- 10 rings thinly sliced red onion
- 1–2 tablespoons apple pie-spiced candied pecans (regular pecans would work as well!) *see note #3 for recipe
- 1–2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1–2 (or more!) tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil & apple cider vinegar to dress (or other dressing of choice)
- Combine everything into a bowl and enjoy!
Keywords: lunch, grain bowl, whole grain, vegetarian