this easy turkey sandwich is full of flavor, whole grains, heart-healthy fat, protein and fiber! it comes together in just about 5 minutes and makes a great packed lunch!
- 1 whole wheat bagel (I love Thomas‘)
- 1–2 tablespoons hummus (any flavor you prefer!)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I love Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Champagne Mustard)
- 2–3 slices turkey (I love Boar’s Head lower sodium turkey breast)
- 4–5 rings thinly sliced red onion
- 2–3 slices avocado
- 1–2 slices tomato (or, 4–5 cherry tomatoes, sliced thing)
- Small handful of mixed greens
- To serve as part of a whole meal: add a piece of fruit, some veggie sticks or some chips!
- Toast the bagel then spread with hummus & mustard
- Add remaining toppings, sandwich together and serve with sides of choice!