these turkey meatballs are loaded with mediterranean flavor and even sneak a little veggies in! they’re easy to make, baked in the oven and pack a great punch of protein per bite.
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1–2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine shallot and garlic in the food processor and pulse until minced
- Add spinach and pulse a few times until minced
- Add oregano, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper, feta cheese and egg and pulse until just mixed.
- Add ground turkey to a large mixing bowl and top with ingredients in the food processor. Mix with your hands (you can wear gloves!) until all the other ingredients are well distributed throughout the ground turkey meat.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball (note you don’t have to roll it if you’d prefer to just go from the cookie scoop to the tray, it won’t affect anything but the shape of the meatball). Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown or until a meat thermometer reads at least 165 degrees F.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Sugar: 1.6 grams
- Sodium: 250 miligrams
- Fiber: 0.8 grams
- Protein: 15.2 grams