this delicious honey orange glazed skillet shrimp uses just 8 ingredients, one pan and takes 15 minutes to pull together making it a staple for busy weekdays!
- Pat of butter or drizzle of oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup freshly squeezed juice from a Sunkist® Cara Cara orange (about 1 or 1 1/2 oranges, depending on size)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons soy or Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For serving: 1-2 teaspoons Sunkist® Cara Cara orange zest, chopped fresh green onion
- Place a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a pad of butter or a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp cooking 1-2 minutes per side or until they just begin to turn pink and opaque.
- Add orange to the skillet and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or until just slightly reduced.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until just fragrant (being careful not to burn or you’ll get a bitter flavor).
- Bring the heat up to medium-high and add soy sauce, honey, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss to combine, flipping the shrimp to evenly cook & coat. Cook for another 1-2 minutes (until sauce thickens slightly).
- Top with desired garnish and serve!
- If using frozen shrimp, I recommend cooking in a separate pan from the glaze so that the additional water run-off in the pan as the shrimp cooks doesn’t cause the glaze to be too loose.
Keywords: shrimp, cara cara orange, skillet meal, dinner