this easy quesadilla comes together in just minutes and makes a well-balanced main meal for your little one. pair it with some avocado and fruit for a fully balanced meal!
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (mexican, cheddar, monterey jack are all great)
- 2 tablespoons no salt added canned black beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 2 minced tablespoons bell pepper that have been washed & seeded
- Pad of butter
- Place a pad of butter in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat then add minced bell peppers. Sauté for ~3 minutes or until tender.
- Add black beans and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan (careful not to burn yourself!), lower the heat to medium low and place one tortilla down.
- Top the tortilla with ~2 tablespoons shredded cheese and bean & pepper mixture, spreading evenly across the tortilla.
- Top with an addition 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and remaining tortilla.
- Press down and cook on each side 1-2 minutes or until little brown bubbles form on the outside of the tortilla and cheese has melted.
- Serve with avocado and fruit for a balanced meal.
Keywords: kid-friendly, vegetarian, quesadilla