make this easy french toast casserole over the weekend then serve it up all week for a back-to-school breakfast the whole household is sure to love!
- 1 loaf bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (any kind!)
- 1/3 cup mixed berry or plain greek or skyr yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups mixed berries, washed and halved
- Optional for serving: more fresh berries, syrup and greek or skyr yogurt
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Combine eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest and whisk well to combine.
- Lay slices of @potatorolls bread into the prepared baking dish (some overlap is perfectly fine) then top with egg mixture.
- Add mixed berries to the dish, tucking them in between the layers of the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- A few minutes before you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until bread is golden brown on top and casserole is set.
- Serve with additional mixed berries, yogurt and maple syrup!
- Casserole will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply slice and heat in the microwave on 30 seconds or until to your desired warmth. You may also re-heat on 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes for a crispier finish.
Keywords: breakfast, french toast, casserole, quick, easy