these easy parmesan chicken tenders can be prepped over the weekend then eaten in different ways all week long!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (or breasts pounded thin and cut into strips)
- 2/3 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (all-purpose or almond flour works too!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil
- Place breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- Take out 3 shallow bowls. In the first one, place the flour. In the second, place the 2 beaten eggs. In the final bowl, place the parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the flour, then the beaten egg and finally the parmesan breadcrumb mixture flipping to get both sides. Repeat for all pieces of chicken (*see note)
- In a large non-stick pan, drizzle 1-2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken cooking 2-3 minutes per side before flipping. (**see note) Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
* I find it’s helpful to lay out a piece of tinfoil upon which to place the chicken while preparing and before cooking.
** Chicken should be golden brown on each side or have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Chicken will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for about 3 months.
To reheat chicken from the fridge, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes or simply microwave for 1 minute (though note that this may dry the chicken out more than the oven).
Keywords: chicken, dinner, easy, meal, meal prep