all the delicious flavor you know and love from your favorite childhood sandwich rolled into a refreshing, perfect-for-summer smoothie bowl!
- 1 frozen banana (see note)
- 2/3 cup whole frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup plain greek or skyr yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, whichever you prefer!)
- 1–2 cups milk (any kind you like; use more for a thinner texture, use less for a thicker texture)
- Optional add-ins per bowl: 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 tbsp. hemp seeds, 1/4 cup peanut butter granola, 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, 1/4 cup oats (makes it so creamy!)
- In a food processor, pulse frozen banana and strawberries together until a fine crumb forms.
- Add yogurt & peanut butter and begin to blend. Stream in milk of choice until you’ve reached your desired consistency (I usually use about 1 cup, I prefer a thicker smoothie bowl so it can hold up to toppings)
- Top with additional peanut butter, strawberries or peanuts as desired. It’s also great with peanut butter granola!
- To freeze a banana simply peel it and place it in an airtight container or bag then place in the freezer. Allow at least 1 hour of freezing before use.
Keywords: breakfast, smoothie, pb&j, quick, easy, healthy, smoothie bowl