creamy old fashioned oats are combined with ripe banana and plump juicy raisins for an easy weekday breakfast the whole family will love!
- 1/2 cup rolled or old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less as desired!)
- 2/3 cups water or milk
- 1 large ripe bananas (should have a number of brown spots on the peel), peeled & mashed
- 2–3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a non-stick saucepan combine oats, chia seeds, raisins, cinnamon, water or milk and banana. Mix well to combine.
- Turn stove on over medium heat and begin stirring. When oats begin to bubble, lower heat to medium low. Continue to stir oats frequently while cooking.
- When the oats are gelatinous and most of the water is absorbed, stir for another minute and then turn off the the heat. Stir in peanut butter with a rubber or wooden spatula to ensure it’s well incorporated *see note
- If storing for later, you can choose to omit the peanut butter and add in with each individual portion as you reheat.
Keywords: breakfast, kid-friendly, oatmeal, cinnamon, raisins, whole grain, banana, quick, easy