these peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars combine two of the best flavors together for an easy, one-bowl dessert that everyone is sure to love.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature or softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter (see note)
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add room temperature (or softened) butter and sugars. Use an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer and cream together until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add in eggs, one at a time beating each for 30 seconds.
- Add in vanilla and peanut butter and beat for another minute or until combined.
- Place a wire sifter over the large mixing bowl containing the wet ingredients. Into the sifter add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Sift into the wet ingredients then use a rubber spatula and gently fold together until just combined (it’s okay if a few flour chunks remain).
- Fold in chocolate chips, stirring until no more flour chunks remain then turn dough out into prepared baking pan and use the spatula to evenly spread throughout the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If using natural peanut butter, ensure it has been stirred and refrigerated so that the oil is not separated out from the nuts.
- Bars will keep for about 3 days in an airtight container on the counter or 3 months in a freezer safe bag in the freezer.
Keywords: chocolate chip, cookie bars, peanut butter, dessert