this easy pesto barley tofu & veggie bowl comes together in a matter of minutes with just a handful of ingredients. customize it to your liking for a quick weekday meal!
- 1 cup cooked barley (or any grain)
- 1 16 oz. container extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 1–2 cups chopped veggies (any mix will work, fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Olive oil
- Optional for topping: cheese (I love feta but parmesan would also work), fresh chopped basil
- Drizzle a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and add cubed tofu. Cook for ~2 minutes per side over medium high heat (or until just browned). They will continue cooking once you add the veggies.
- Lower heat to medium low and add veggies (add additional olive oil as needed if the pan is dry). Saute until veggies are tender to your liking (~5-7 minutes).
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking, add the barley and the pesto, tossing to coat all ingredients in the pesto and combine.
- Turn heat off and add some of the cheese of choice before removing from the stove to allow it to melt.
- Remove from heat and plate, top with remaining cheese & chopped basil as desired.
Keywords: grain bowl, dinner, lunch, pesto, meatless, vegetarian