this baked oatmeal combines two of my favorite holiday flavors for an easy, festive and filling morning meal or snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1–2 teaspoons ground ginger (depending on how much spice you like – 2 teaspoons gives a pretty big punch of ginger!)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2–4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 cup milk, any kind
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, chia seeds, baking powder, brown sugar, spices, ground cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine pumpkin, molasses, egg, vanilla and milk, whisking to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold to combine. Add more milk as needed if mixture is dry.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then slice and serve.
- If it seems dry while pouring it into the prepared pan, feel free to add a little more milk.
- Oatmeal will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: breakfast, oatmeal, pumpkin, gingerbread, holiday, vegetarian