these nutrient-dense bars are loaded with fall flavor! kid & adult-friendly, they come together in just about 30 minutes and make the best easy breakfast or snack for fall.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ – 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon (more or less to your liking)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of milk (any kind you like), plus more as needed for desired consistency
- 1/3 cup siggi’s pumpkin spice yogurt (you will just need one 5.3 oz. cup for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Move oven rack to the middle of the oven then preheat to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add maple syrup, yogurt, pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla, mashed bananas and half the milk. Whisk together to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, adding more milk as needed if mixture seems dry.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Bars can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer.
Keywords: pumpkin, oats, bars