this delicious pumpkin bread is melt-in-your-mouth tender with a buttery soft brown sugar streusel. it’s perfect any time of day and a wonderful way to ring in pumpkin season!
For the Bread:
- Recipe from Once Upon a Chef
- The only changes I made were to nix the nutmeg and cloves and instead sub in 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Optional add-in: 1 cup chocolate chips (more or less as desired)
For the Streusel:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 8 tablespoons room temperature butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a bowl until a chunky crumb forms. Set aside.
- Combine bread ingredients according to recipe instructions
- After dividing batter into loaf pans, top both loaves with streusel pressing it down into the batter gently to ensure it adheres during baking.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow loaves to cool for 10 – 15 minutes in the pan then carefully turn out and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Keywords: pumpkin, flour, baking soda, sugar, walnuts