this simple bbq chicken meal cooks all together on one sheet pan and requires just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes of active cooking time making it a perfect easy weeknight meal for the whole family!
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds baby potatoes, washed & halved
- 3–4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 – 1 pound asparagus, washed and sliced to remove the harder lower stem
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (more or less to your liking) *see note
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and cajun seasoning (if your cajun or other seasoning does not have salt, I recommend adding salt & pepper as desired) until the potatoes are well coated.
- Layer potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan and add chicken skin side up. Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and add asparagus. Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Spoon barbecue sauce (~1-2 tbsp.) over the chicken, making sure to coat well. Bake for another 10-15 minutes (or until the thickest part of the chicken thighs registers 165°F on a thermometer).
- Serve immediately (with additional bbq sauce as desired!)
- * If you’re not a fan of cajun seasoning, you can use paprika, chili powder or just plain salt & pepper!
Keywords: dinner, sheet pan meal, chicken, bbq chicken, roasted potatoes, asparagus, quick, easy