these easy, meatless enchiladas come together in a matter of minutes and are made with items you likely have lying around the kitchen! quick & delicious, they’re a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (I used Mission)
- 1/2 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, peeled & diced
- 1 cup frozen corn (fresh or canned works as well)
- 2–4 teaspoons chipotle chili powder (more or less as desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 packet Frontera red chili enchilada sauce
- Optional toppings: freshly chopped cilantro, plain yogurt, avocado, hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread cubed sweet potato in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Top with 1-2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, salt & pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and crispy on the outside.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, place a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add onions, black beans & corn then top with 1-2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, salt & pepper to taste. Sauté just until the onions are tender and corn is warmed through (2-3 minutes). Add roasted sweet potatoes to the pan and cook another 1-2 minutes then remove from the heat. Lower oven heat to 400 degrees F.
- Into a whole wheat tortilla, place 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the filling at the edge followed by a small sprinkling of cheese then roll the tortilla up and place seam side down into a 9×13 inch baking sheet. Repeat this process until you’ve rolled all 4 tortillas (you may have leftover filling – feel free to pair it with brown rice for an easy burrito bowl!)
- Top the filled & rolled tortillas with enchilada sauce and cheese (as much or as little as you like)
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and melt.
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
Dish will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.