this vegetarian-friendly farro bowl combines spiced chickpeas and fajita veggies for a quick and easy meal that’s as delicious as it is satisfying!
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup farro cooked in vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup fajita veggies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Olive oil
- Small handful of blue corn chips, gently crushed.
- For serving: mashed avocado, plain greek or skyr yogurt, salsa & hot sauce
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in. Add chickpeas & spices and toss until chickpeas are covered. Saute for about 1-2 minutes or until chickpeas are warmed and coated in the spices. Throw in fajita veggies and toss for another 1-2 minutes or until they’re heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, top farro with chickpeas, fajita veggies, tablespoon of lime juice, salt & pepper as desired, crushed corn chips, mashed avocado, yogurt, salsa & hot sauce.
Keywords: dinner, lunch, vegetarian, plant-based