this vegetarian-friendly dish combines some of the best summer flavors all in one easy grain bowl! done in less than 10 minutes, it’s as nutritious as it is delicious.
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 heaping handful of arugula
- 1 cup no-salt added yellow corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, washed & halves
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1–2 jalapeños, washed, de-seeded & diced (more or less depending on how much heat you want)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (and more as desired for topping)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice ( the juice of 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 peaches, washed, cored & thinly sliced (you can also dice if you prefer)
- 2 large balls of burrata cheese (1 8 oz. container’s worth)
- Olive oil
- Cook farro in low sodium vegetable broth, according to package instructions then drain any remaining liquid and place in a large bowl.
- To a large non-stick skillet, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add corn, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, oregano, salt & pepper. Saute for ~2 minutes just to marinate the flavors together (you want the vegetables to be just tender, so that they maintain some of their crunch).
- Add arugula & sautéed vegetables on top of the cooked farro then add lime zest, fresh lime juice and peaches, tossing to combine.
- Break burrata up into pieces and distribute throughout the bowl. Top with additional salt & pepper as desired, another drizzle of olive oil and more lime juice as needed.
Keywords: vegetarian, dinner, corn, tomato, burrata, farro, peach