this veggie-packed pesto comes together in 5 minutes flat and is great for topping pizzas, pastas or even sandwiches!
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (sub nutritional yeast for a dairy-free version)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil into a food processor. Begin to process and slowly stream in olive oil until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Add additional basil, garlic or parmesan as desired.
- Pesto will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Add a splash of lemon juice to prevent browning.
Keywords: pesto, spinach, walnut, sauce