This easy whole grain yogurt snack cake is loaded with strawberry and banana flavor, lightly sweetened and oh-so fluffy. It comes together quickly and is perfect any time of day!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup siggi’s strawberry yogurt (you will need two 5.3 oz. containers)
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ – 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375° F and spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring with a whisk. Using a spoon, make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Combine yogurt, banana, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and beaten egg in a small bowl. Beat with an electric mixer or a whisk until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients into the well made in the flour mixture, gently folding until ingredients are mostly combined.
- Fold in strawberries and fold a few more times until just distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake 25 – 30 minutes or until a cake tester (or knife) inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
Cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To freeze, allow to cool completely then wrap pieces individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe bag. Pull out individual pieces and defrost as needed. Cake will last in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Keywords: snack, breakfast, banana, strawberry