these super soft whole grain pumpkin muffins are so tender and delicious, you’ll want to make them over and over again!
- 1 and 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup earth balance, softened
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup soymilk (almond or regular milk also works)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices) then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream earth balance and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla extract and milk whipping until well combined.
- Add dry to wet ingredients folding until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop even amounts of the batter into the muffin tins (filling about 3/4 of the way full)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean
The recipe I used was from Sally’s Baking Addiction (with a few slight tweaks!)
Keywords: pumpkin muffins, muffins, whole grain, breakfast, snack