these easy pecans are a hit in our house every year – no one can stop eating them! use them to top salads, roasted vegetables or eat as is! they also make a perfect homemade gift during the holiday season.
- 4 cups unsalted pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (see notes for different varieties!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugars, spice, and salt. Whisk to combined then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, vanilla, and water. Whisk (I find an electric mixer is easiest) until frothy (you want some hold to the egg whites but you don’t want stiff peaks).
- Add the pecans to the bowl with the egg white mixture and toss until the pecans are coated. Add in the sugar mixture and toss gently until pecans are well coated.
- Place coated pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes before digging in!
- Pecans will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- For apple pie spiced pecans – reduce cinnamon to 1/2 tablespoon and add 1/2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- For pumpkin pie spiced pecans – reduce cinnamon to 1/2 tablespoon and add 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Keywords: pecans, candied pecans, snack