these thick and chewy m&m chocolate chip cookies need just 10 ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven for a fun cookie everyone is sure to love!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, slightly melted or just room temperature (*see note)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini m&ms
- In a stand mixer or medium mixing bowl, add slightly melted or room temperature butter and sugars. Cream together with stand mixer paddle or an electric hand mixer for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder and beat until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough (note that you can make these as big or as little as you’d like) and roll into a loose ball. Place each ball about 2 inches apart on baking sheet (though they won’t spread very much).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms and tops are lightly browned (you may need slightly longer for larger sized cookies).
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The butter shouldn’t be total liquid, just soft enough to cream with the sugars
Keywords: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, mini m&ms, mini chocolate chips