this salad combines produce from both the late summer and early fall harvests in one delicious bowl, making it a perfect meal as we transition into autumn.
- 4–6 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 4–6 fresh figs, washed, stems removed & halved
- 1 medium apple, washed & thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted sweet potatoes (see notes for recipe)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 large stalks celery, washed & sliced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil and vinegar for dressing
- Combine everything in a bowl, dress, toss & enjoy!
For Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cubed sweet potatoes onto the pan in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Keywords: salad, lunch, vegetarian, meatless