this easy breakfast sandwich combines all of my favorite savory breakfast items in one single sandwich. loaded with protein, fiber and fat, it’s satisfying and delicious morning meal.
- 2 slices hearty whole grain bread (I love Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane)
- 2–3 tablespoons hummus
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1–2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 2–3 slices tomato
- Leafy green lettuce or spinach
- Pad of butter
- Toast the bread, top with hummus, lettuce, avocado and tomato, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and add butter. Crack egg(s) into a bowl and pour a small splash of milk in. Whisk until combined.
- Once butter has melted, add egg & milk mixture to the pan, scrambling until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, toss in cheese and mix to combine and melt cheese. Top with salt & pepper as desired.
- Add cheesy eggs to one side, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and sandwich together.
- Gluten-free? Sub your favorite GF bread here and enjoy!
- Dairy-Free? Omit the cheese from the recipe.
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, savory