this veggie-packed lentil curry is loaded with flavor, heart-healthy fat, protein and fiber making it a meal that will not only warm you up but hold you over!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup no-salt added diced canned tomato
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (17.6-oz.) pkg. steamed cooked lentils (about 2 1/2 cups – I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high.
- Add onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, carrots and garlic; cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, curry powder, and ketchup; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- In a medium saucepan, combine stock and flour
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir in lentils; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Divide lentil mixture among 4 bowls; top each with yogurt and cilantro.
Keywords: curry, vegetarian, lentil