this easy vegan, gluten-free chili is loaded with veggies, protein and flavor. coming together in around 30 minutes, it’s a great weeknight dish the whole family will love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded & diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded & diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 (14 oz) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt & pepper
- Optional for serving: shredded cheese, plain greek or skyr yogurt, hot sauce, avocado, cilantro and corn chips
- Place a large dutch oven over medium heat and add olive oil. Once glistening, add onion, bell peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until vegetables are softened and lightly brown (~6-8 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, chipotle and a pinch of pepper. Cook until fragrant (~30 seconds).
- Stir in black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cook until chili is slightly thickened (30-40 minutes).
- Add cooked quinoa, salt & pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge and 4-6 months in the freezer.
Keywords: chili, vegetarian, beans, vegan, gluten-free