these fluffy whole grain pancakes are super tender, filled with filling fiber and also serve up some protein! they also freeze well making them a perfect thing to prep over the weekend and eat all week long!
- 1 and 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 container (4.4 oz.) siggi’s 4% blueberry yogurt (can sub plain or any varitey of siggi’s whole milk yogurts)
- 1 cup milk, plus more as needed for desired consistency
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (more or less as desired)
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, yogurt and cup of milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently stir to combine. Slowly stream in additional milk as needed until to desired consistency is reached.
- Heat a griddle or place a non-stick pan over medium-low heat on the stove top. Add a small pad of butter to grease.
- Add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the batter at a time, placing several blueberries on top once small bubbles have started to form. Once bubbles form around edges of pancake, flip. Repeat until all remaining batter is used.
- Pancakes will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 2 months in an freezer safe bag in the freezer.
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, blueberry, whole grain, yogurt