this whole grain pumpkin chocolate chip bread is so easy to pull together and provides a dose of fiber and vitamins A & E with each bite!
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature (or defrosted until soft)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup + 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *(see note)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time then add vanilla extract and pumpkin, continuing to beat until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice, whisking to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold gently using a rubber spatula to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire baking rack for 15 minutes then take a knife and insert it all around the outer edges to ease removal from the pan.
* If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, combine